Granola is one of my all time favourite things!!!! I originally got the recipe from my nutritionist Daniel O’Shaughnessy at Bodhimaya and just adapted it slightly to my taste. You can totally do the same depending on what you like.
I love this recipe as you can make a big batch on a Sunday that will last you the whole week and you can take it with you if you are out and about as a snack also. I’ve been having it for about a year now and I’m not getting stick of it in the slightest. Makes your house smell incredible too when its cooking!
What you will need:
- Large mixing bowl
- 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper on
- 450g wholegrain rolled / gluten free oats
- 100ml maple syrup
- 100ml melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 good handfuls (200g) of different nuts. I use brazil, cashew and almonds
- 3 tbsp of mixed seeds – pumpkin, linseeds, chia
- 100g of shredded coconut flakes
- Handful of dried fruit – goji berries, raisins etc.
1. Pre-heat your oven to around 160/170’c fan and line your baking trays with grease proof paper.
2. Place your coconut oil in the microwave to melt and chop the nuts up into small chunks.
3. Add the oats to your mixing bowl to start off and mix in your coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir together.
4. Then mix in all the seeds and nuts. Once everything is combined spread the granola across two baking trays, making sure its about 1 cm in thickness.
5. Bake in oven for around 25 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to stir until it is all golden brown.
6. With 5 minutes left to cook add in the coconut flakes (these burn if cooked for the whole time) then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
7. Once it has cooled add in Goji berries or other dried fruit that you like.
Enjoy each morning with almond milk, yoghurt, fresh fruit or cows milk! All taste yummy! Its great to put in a little Tupperware if you are on the go too.
Let me know how you get on!